Residential Block Management is one of the most complex legal areas of property services and can be both demanding and time consuming.
The Letting Centre’s experienced Block Management department manages all aspects of management and service charge accounting for our clients. The bespoke nature of our services enables us to provide clients with a tailored package, allowing us to manage a variety of developments.
As part of our service we take care of the day to day management concerns which accompany owning, or being responsible for, a block of flats or estate both large and small. This includes maintenance work and repair to buildings, gardens, communal areas & handling emergencies (including out of hours).
Our team arrange building and lift insurance, directors & officer insurance, organise utility suppliers and ensure compliance with health and safety and fire legislation. We make regular routine visits to the blocks as part of our service and provide support with the financial side of property management, to include service charge preparation and collection.
Ensuring that our clients are communicated with regularly is an essential part of our job as property managers. We ensure regular dialogue with our clients and always involve them in the decision-making process.
- Day to day management of programmed and reactive maintenance
- Collection of service charges and ground rents
- Preparation of annual income and expenditure accounts
- Manage and maintain a ‘ring fenced’ client account
- Retain accounts records in line with the RICS Service Charge Residential Management Code (3rd Edition)
- Dealing with leasehold enquiries and lease interpretations
- Dispute resolution
- Arranging all flat management functions and negotiating associated contracts
- Preparation of maintenance plans
- Project management on major works
- Section 20 consultations and project management
- Supervising building works and contracts covering gardening, cleaning and day-to-day management
- Negotiating and organising buildings insurance, including valuations and claims handling
- Arrange for Fire and Health and Safety inspections and compliance
- Carrying out property inspections
- Liaising with residents on all matters
- Dealing with assignments, extensions and notices
- Arranging and attending annual/six monthly meetings
Switch to us
If you already have a Block Management agent but like the sound of what we offer, changing over to us is actually very easy and straightforward because we do all the work for you.
Once you have served notice to your current managing agent we can arrange for all the relevant documents to be sent over to us.
We offer a contract specific to your block requirements, will arrange for a separate bank account to be opened for your block’s funds and all statements will be made available to your directors.
Our office is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and we also offer 24-hour contact to a team member who can assist you with any out of hours emergencies.
For more details about our range of Block Management services, please call us on 01228 819333